Saturday, February 4, 2012

Putting Text On Canvas


So thanks to my very favorite site of all time- Pinterest- I always have a ton of new ideas for things to create for our house. Let's just say before I discovered Pinterest our walls were very very bare and I pretty much had no sense of style in the rooms. I saw this beautiful canvas on there but it wasn't linked to directions- instead to some ones site where you could buy it. Well since you all now how frugal I am by now you know that this was out of the question! So I quickly came up with how to create it on my own and lucky me I bought 6 canvases from a friend for just $6- so this project basically cost me $1 since I already had everything else!

Supplies:
-Canvas (any size you want it to be)
-Your quote or text printed out on white paper
-Acrylic Paint
-Paint Brush
-Scissors


  1. Paint your entire canvas with the color you want for a background and let it dry while you complete the next few steps.
  2. I created the quote I wanted in word using word art- just one word per page so I could make it large enough to look proportionate on my canvas since I picked out a larger size. Print it out.
  3. I then cut out each letter so that the entire out line was left on the paper- to do this make sure you only make a single cut from the edge of the paper to the letter and then cut all around the letter without cutting back out to the edge again. In this next picture you will see my first word 'HOW' is cut out. 

4.  Cut out all the words and arrange them on the paper on the canvas how you want your final look to be. I then took a piece of chalk and traced around each letter.


5.  Take your paint that you would like the color of the text to be and put some in a dish- I then watered it down just a little bit to give it a more distressed look.

6.  Paint each letter in and you're done!






No comments:

Post a Comment