Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Military Appreciation

As a military wife I see daily the sacrifices those in the service make along with their families. The sacrifices can be big or small; living far away from the ones you love, missing special events for family members, being in a war torn country for months on end, raising children alone while spouses are away, and the list goes on and on. It always touches my heart when others recognize these sacrifices and show their gratitude. There are many times at our church that they ask those who serve our country and their families stand for recognition, then the rest of the congrigation puts their hands on these families and prays over them. These special moments always make me so emotional because I am so very proud of not only my husband but all the other families in the room.

There are certain days throughout the year that we thank our service members and it fills my heart with joy. I know that most of you must have a service member or military family that you are so incredibly proud of, so I wanted to create a place for you to do that. Once a week I will honor a service member or family based on nominations from my readers.

If you have someone you want to nominate please send me an email with a photo of the person or family along with why you believe they deserve to be the Member/Family of the week. Also include anything else you would like; a special message for them or just any additional information!

God bless our troops!


1 comment: