Tuesday, January 24, 2012

DIY Craft Table

Alright, I just have to start by saying this so far is my all time favorite DIY- mostly because I so desperately needed a craft table. My husband is super excited too because now my crafts won't be over taking the kitchen table! I needed something really big and also something that gave me a good amount of storage options. I think you may just be a little impressed with what we came up with :))

Eeekk! I just love it so much! Let me back up a bit and give you the step by step.



Supplies: 
I am by no means a carpenter so please do not laugh if I do not use correct terms :)

2- 9 Cube Closetmaid Cubeicals (purchased ours at Lowes for about $80)
4- 2*6*10 ft wood cut into 55inch pieces (once again they did this at Lowes for me, thank you Lowes)
Screws
Screw Gun
Paint


The cubeicals come in boxes, with all the materials you need and also directions! It couldn't get much easier (well unless of course you have a hubby that will put them together for you). 

After you have the cubeicals all set up you will want to space them apart and lay your boards across the top. You will only need 7 of them and the two outside boards will be over the edges of the cubeicals a little bit. Make sure you line up the ends of every board so they are even with the cubeicals on BOTH cubeicals. Don't fret, if your anything like me this may take a good deal of time to get them lined up just perfectly!

Once you have them just right, you want to screw each board in from underneath the cubeical. If you do it from the top you will have the screw indents and it will take more time to fill them. Finally, once everything is screwed in place you can paint your table top! I decided on white because I also wanted to add some detail to the table top later. Let me give you a helpful hint- it may be easier to paint all the boards before attaching them to the top, I just got too excited and wanted to see it all together! 
Ta-da!!! Simple and it looks fantastic! 

Now as I mentioned before I wanted to add some detail on top- I had seen a fantastic tutorial on putting words on wood over at the fabulous Handy Housemom Blog-- you can see her tutorial here.




Proverbs 31:25- "Strength and honour are her clothing, and she shall rejoice in time to come."

No comments:

Post a Comment